2017 Autumn Season Finals successfully held Wednesday 14st June 2017
Grand final day at RRTC was a good day hopefully even for those that came second.
Results were as follows -
|A Res||Glen Waverley Aces defeated Glen Waverley Stars||4 sets to 2|
|B Sp 1||Lum Reserve defeated Burden Park||4 sets to 2|
|B Sp 2||Glen Waverley Cats defeated Glenburn||4 sets to 2|
|B Grade Div 1||Burden Park White defeated Doveton Magpies||4 sets to 0 (2 unfinished)|
|B Grade Div 2||Essex Heights defeated Whites Lane Wanderers||5 sets to 1|
Surprisingly, the previously reported "infamous hot dogs" lunch turned out to be quite pleasant, BBQ sausages followed by trophy presentations.
A special presentation was made to Ken Mitchell to mark his retirement as a much valued member of our MWM Sub-Committee - Ken, any further contribution as a "Consultant" will be highly regarded!!
SOCIAL TENNIS COMMENCING THIS WEDNESDAY 21st JUNE
Opportunities for social tennis each Wednesday morning will be available at:
- Glen Waverley
- Burden Park
- Whites Lane
10.00 am start & targeting B & C Sp players & oldies.
Bring along a new competition player & MWM will pay for the light lunch for you & your guest.
Team Entries for Spring 2017 - Entries close 30th June & first match is on 19th July.
- Entry Form for Spring 2017
- Please lodge entry forms as soon as possible even though it is still a while now to closing date.
- It is helpful to Sub-Committee planning to have early indication as to what section structures are required.
- If you see the prospect of a new team, please contact us especially if you need additional player back-up.
- If you are not part of a team at this stage or would like to change, please contact any member of the Sub-Committee.
- Captains please note if you have any difficulties completing the Entry Form electronically let us know of your problem including the type of device you are using and what is going wrong.
New Players & New Teams
As always we are seeking new players and even better if we get interest from a new team.
9803 5331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the MWM email list!
If you want to know about what is happening in the world of Mid Week Mens, and can't always check this page, contact Lindsay on the above email address and ask to be put on the email list.
Any questions about how the competition runs can be found in the Guidelines, issued January 2017.
2017 - Autumn fixture and results !
MWM WEB PAGE
We are seeking support from all players to build the information appearing on our webpage at www.waverleytennis.asn.au Mid Week Mens. An effort is being made to include more information of interest including photos, results, ladders and other items of interest.
Please let your captains know or submit information by email to:
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsor
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsors our Tennis activities in a positive way so if you have any financial needs,
please contact the Pinewood Branch, they will look after you.
- Played on Wednesday mornings: 9.15am - 12.30pm (approx)
- Open aged: from 20's to 80's
- Four grades catering to all standards
- Each team fields 4 players
- Three sets of doubles per player per match on 2 courts
- Sets are first to 8 games (to 6 games in lowest section) with provision for variation by agreement
- Coffee/tea and light lunch hosted by home team
- Participation costs are set by home club but are approximately $2-$4 per match
- Teams have more than 4 players to accommodate injury, travel and "she who must be obeyed"
- Organiser is only too happy to help place new comers in a team
Social Play & Final Events
All grades come together at Robinson Reserve Tennis Centre (RRTC), Doveton (Home of Waverley Tennis), for the Grand Final series. Facilities available for other players and friends. Grand Finals are followed by BBQ lunch for all, and presentation of trophies to players representing winning teams and runners-up in each grade.
The Grand Finals Day at the RRTC has developed into a much looked forward to social event where all players renew old friendships and develop new ones whilst watching intensely contested Grand Finals and enjoying the BBQ lunch.
[Last updated: 07/03/2016]