Mid Week Ladies Competition Tennis
Season 1 2022
Season 1 2022 will commence Thursday, 3 February 2022.
A break for school holidays on 14 and 21 April.
Grand Finals will be held on 9 June (or 16 June if we experience bad weather).
Fixture for Season 1 2022 is now available.
THE FIXTURE FOR SECTION 5&6 HAS BEEN AMENDED TODAY - 24 JANUARY 2022
Please ensure you have the updated version.
Please note that should COVID be the reason for any team being unable to play and hence causing a forfeit to be necessary, there will be no forfeit fine issued.
This information MUST be included in the comments box when entering scores/forfeits online.
Pool Emergency Players
Gill Quillinan Memorial Charity Event 2021
Unfortunately, the WDTA Midweek Ladies' Division committee were unable to hold this annual Charity Event again this year.
We were extremely saddened to have to cancel this much-enjoyed event, not to mention the opportunity to support a worthy cause -
The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.
Flick Nolan (Life Member) and Vermont South Tennis Club had once again offered use of their courts.
Please ensure that all players in your team are aware of the following and play accordingly:-
"If any part of the ball touches any outside part of the line, no matter how minimal, the ball is deemed IN.
If you are unsure, all line calls must be to the benefit of the OPPOSITION."
40 Year Commemoration of the WDTA Midweek Ladies Division
Last year we were hoping to celebrate our 40 year mark at the 2020 AGM. Unfortunately due to Lockdowns this could not eventuate. Instead the WDTA Midweek Ladies Division commemorated the event by gifting the ladies in participating teams quality WDTA sunvisors which were handed out at the recent 2021 AGM.
Looking for extra players
* Tally Ho Section 5 Red are in need of one extra team member. If interested please contact Convenor Faye Weekes on 0417.579.806
What a great day for tennis! Grand Finals were held Thursday 24th June 2021. Due to lockdown delays position 1 played 2.
A special THANK YOU to hosting clubs: Doveton TC, Legend Park TC, and Vermont Sth TC
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PREMIERSHIP TEAMS!!!
List of prior Season Premiers: CLICK HERE
Midweek Ladies ByLaws
Gill Quillinan Memorial Charity Event 2019
What a beautiful sunny day we had for our annual Charity Event on Thursday 5th September.
Thank you to all the ladies who came along to make the day such a success. Thank you also to Flick and Vermont South Tennis Club for their amazing support and donations each year. Judy & Kym as well as all the committee doing a fantastic job as always.
In addition we wish to thank *MARINE ARTIST LANCE ROSS, *TENNIS ONLY-HAWTHORN, *KOOYONG LAWN TENNIS CLUB, *McCARTHY WINE SERVICES, *TENNIS VICTORIA, *HEATHMONT FLOWERS, *TENSION24 & *PRICELINE PHARMACIES for their generous donations of our raffle prizes.
We are proud to announce the grand total of $892.45 profit was made on the day which will be donated to OVARIAN CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION.
Our tournament winners for the day were: Caroline, Deirdre & Ann. Congratulations ladies! Hope you all had fun!
Entering and confirming scores online
Click here for step by step instructions on how to enter your scores. If you are having trouble please contact Record Secretary via email address listed below. Scores MUST be in by Friday 8pm. Thank you.
How to print your Fixture page
Fixtures are now available online - no longer available as a Handbook. You can print your own fixtures via this website as follows:
- Click on FIXTURES link (in the blue banner above)
- Select a Competition (Thursday AM from the drop down box)
- Select a Section
- Select a Team
- Then click on the "download PDF" link (just underneath the Select a Section box).
- Then simply PRINT or SAVE.
Note that all Team Captains and their Contact phone numbers are now included under the details for each team (any errors please let us know).
Welcome to Waverley Tennis Midweek Ladies Comp
Waverley Tennis Mid Week Ladies Tennis competition provides competition tennis in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne for ladies wishing to play during the daytime. We are always looking for new clubs to join our competition or even new players. We can assist in suggesting a club for you to join or we also have an Association Emergency List that assists existing teams and gives variety and options to a player. If you or your Club are interested in knowing more, please read on, or contact our Executive Committee (phone numbers below).
- 26 May - Semi Final
- 2 June - Preliminary Final
- 9 June - Grand Final
- 16 June - Spare week (in case of inclement weather)
- Home and Away daytime Thursday Competition
- 2 Seasons per Calendar Year (Feb to June / July to Dec)
- Starting time 9.30 am (can vary)
- 2 Courts per match
- 4 ladies per team - change partners each set
- 6 double sets per match - no rubbers
- Sets are first to 8 - tiebreak at 7 all
- Emergency Pool Players available (see note below)
- Semi-Finals, Preliminary-Finals & Grand Finals - no umpires required in any finals games
- Home venues for Semi & Preliminary Finals - with Grand Finals at courts designated by Committee.
- Online scoring system
- A mid-year tournament - all levels most welcome - The Annual Gill Quillinan Memorial Charity Event. Proceeds from this tournament are donated to Ovarian Cancer Research.
Clubs & Court Locations
Please click here to download a printable version of the WDTA Midweek ladies Participating Clubs & Court Locations - current as at November 2021.
Mid-Week Ladies Emergency Pool Players
Our Competition permits the use of Emergency Pool Players. This saves the need for teams to forfeit (with the associated fine).
Emergency Pool Players:
- must belong to a club affiliated with Tennis Victoria.
- are permitted to play for any club as many times as necessary in their personal grade or above at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- may still play for their own club as an emergency.
- must be recorded on the Emergency Pool List by contacting the Record Secretary prior to playing at email@example.com
Special Pool Emergency Rules applicable for Finals:
All Pool Emergencies (with the exception of Section 7) are not permitted to play in their personal grade during Finals (irrespective of how many matches they have played in that grade). They are only permitted to play above their personal grade in Finals. A request MUST be made to Record Secretary prior to using ANY Pool Emergencies in Finals.
The Pool Emergency List is being updated ready for Season 1 2022 and will be available mid January on this website page. It will include phone numbers and availability (see above).
Don't have a team for next season? We would love to hear from any NEW players wishing to be placed in the Emergency Pool.
All Grades are welcome! Please contact Loreta Piggott 0413 267839
WDTA Midweek Ladies Committee 2021/22
- President: Marg Clark - 0418 580 337 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary:Joy Kaias - 0413 399 038 - email@example.com
- Treasurer: Jenny Lomdahl - 0404 831 544 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record Secretary: Noela Steinfort 0409 423 825 email@example.com
- General Committee: Judy Searl, Nola Williams, Loreta Piggott, Kym Bircham & Alison Copley
History of the Lorraine Clark Memorial Perpetual Trophy
The Lorraine Clark Memorial Perpetual Trophy is awarded to the winner of the lowest section in the WDTA Mid-week Ladies competition each season. It is an encouragement award, commenced in her honour in 2001.
Lorraine Clark was on the founding committee for the Mid-week Ladies Competition and became the inaugural President. WDTA Ladies commenced with 14 participating Clubs and she served as President for 6 years and remained on the general committee until 1991 when she was awarded Life Membership. It is pleasing to note that our Mid-week ladies competition has expanded over the years, and currently has 37 Clubs participating. Lorraine attended the Gill Quillan tournament in July 2014 but sadly passed away in December 2014.