Update: 7th August from Waverley Tennis
At the Waverley Tennis Committee of Management held last night (6th August) some decisions were made about the upcoming Waverley Tennis competitions.
This information is being emailed to clubs, or you can read the Communique.
Tennis Victoria's update was released on Monday 3rd August.
WAVERLEY TENNIS ASSOCIATION MEETINGS
PROPOSED CHANGE OF DATES
The 2020 Waverley Tennis Annual General Meeting (AGM) was scheduled to be held on Thursday 13 August 2020. Under the prevailing COVID-19 restrictions across all the Melbourne Metropolitan areas, a face-to-face convening of delegates at the AGM will therefore not be possible.
- Consequently the Annual General Meeting has been postponed to a date to be advised later in the year.
- A Committee of Management Nomination Form will be sent to all Waverley Tennis Affiliates 28 days prior to the eventual date set for the Annual General Meeting, with the closing date for nominations being not less than 15 days before the date fixed for the holding of the Annual General Meeting.
Match Convenor's Meeting, Summer 2020/21
Will depend on the actual start date for the Summer Season and will be advised in due course.
SPRING SEASON NIGHT TENNIS
The Spring season grading is still proceeding with an aim of commencing a minimum of 2 weeks after restrictions are lifted.
Closing date for entries was Saturday 27th June. Should you be unable to return by the closing date, please send as soon as possible to enable grading to be finalised.
WAVERLEY TENNIS HOT SHOTS MATCHPLAY
TERM 3 HAS BEEN CANCELLED
2020 Term 4 entries close 23 October. (Term 2 entry packs can be used for Term 4.)
- 6 week season
- starts Sunday 8 November 2020
- finishes Sunday 13 December 2020
Hotshots Matchplay is the first step in the Waverley Tennis player development pathway. This is a great way to introduce young players & parents to competition tennis. Read More
WAVERLEY JUNIOR SQUADS
Want to find out more about our Waverley Tennis Junior Development Squads?
Contact Lyn Gillen (Junior Development Squad Liaison Officer) to arrange a try out.
Opportunities also to represent Waverley Tennis in team events.
Give Lyn a ring on 0412 567 496
MID-WEEK MEN'S COMPETITION
Spring Season 2020 start date has been postponed to a date to be determined. Players are encouraged to get onto the email list for the latest news.
Enquires to Lindsay Coster email: email@example.com
Waverley Tennis Office Bearer Vacancies
The following positions are vacant and Waverley Tennis is seeking expressions of interest from persons interested in filling any of these positions:
- Vice President
- Night Competition Convenor
- NIght Competition Committee Member (at least 2 additional members required, ideally suited to current tennis club Night Tennis Convenors)
- Junior Committee Member (at least 3 required, ideally suited for tennis club Junior Convenors)
Please forward expressions of interest to President, Mark Collins, who can provide a job description to any interested person.Contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0403 047 541
Pinewood Community Bank
The Pinewood Community Bank Branch of Bendigo Community Bank, a significant Sponsor of the Association, invites affiliated clubs and their members to participate in their Community Support program.
Click here for more information.