Social Tennis over next 2 Weeks & No Social Tennis ANZAC Day
Confirming social tennis will be available at Glen Waverley, Burden Park and Whites Lane/Mulgrave for the next two Wednesdays.
Note at Whites Lane/Mulgrave it is a 10.00am start but earlier at the other two venues. C Sp & B Graders are encouraged to go to Whites Lane especially if the numbers are large at Glen Waverley.
There will be no organised social tennis on ANZAC Day.
Join the MWM email list!
If you want to know about what is happening in the world of Mid Week Mens, and can't always check this page, contact Lindsay on mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au and ask to be put on the email list.
Any questions about how the competition runs can be found in the Guidelines, issued July 2017.
2018 - Autumn fixture and results
MWM WEB PAGE
We are seeking support from all players to build the information appearing on our webpage at www.waverleytennis.asn.au Mid Week Mens. An effort is being made to include more information of interest including photos, results, ladders and other items of interest.
Please let your captains know or submit information by email to mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsor
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsors our Tennis activities in a positive way so if you have any financial needs,
please contact the Pinewood Branch, they will look after you.
- Played on Wednesday mornings: 9.30am - 12.30pm (approx)
- Open aged: from 20's to 80's
- Four grades catering to all standards
- Each team fields 4 players, but 5 can be use if you wish.
- Three sets of doubles per player per match on 2 courts
- Sets are first to 8 games (to 6 games in lowest section) with provision for variation by agreement
- Coffee/tea and light lunch hosted by home team
- Participation costs are set by home club but are approximately $2-$4 per match
- Teams have more than 4 players to accommodate injury, travel and "she who must be obeyed"
- Organiser is only too happy to help place new comers in a team
Social Play & Final Events
All grades come together at Robinson Reserve Tennis Centre (RRTC), Doveton (Home of Waverley Tennis), for the Grand Final series. Facilities available for other players and friends. Grand Finals are followed by BBQ lunch for all, and presentation of trophies to players representing winning teams and runners-up in each grade.
The Grand Finals Day at the RRTC has developed into a much looked forward to social event where all players renew old friendships and develop new ones whilst watching intensely contested Grand Finals and enjoying the BBQ lunch.
[Last updated: 07/03/2016]