Spring 2019 Season information
- Emergency List has been distributed to captains.
- Updated Guidelines These will also be issued to those on the general email list. To make it easier for you important changes are in red. The link to the July 2019 version are at the link below under "Guidelines".
Tennis Seniors Victoria MembershipWe currently have many TSV members involved in our MWM competition.
TSV currently have a membership drive in progress to boost their numbers.
Note that by joining immediately [by 30th June 2019] you get 12 months free membership no payment required now.
You need to move quickly so complete the form and email it to BertFaux @ bigpond.com. Bert is TSV President, a member at Glen Waverley TC and plays for the G/W Clubs A Res in our MWM competition. Bert will arrange for a Proposer & Seconder from within our MWM & TSV networks so you can leave those lines blank.
If you have any questions you can phone Bert on 0412 810 754, Rena Alves (TSV Membership Secretary) on 0420 406 506 or the writer.
New Players & New Teams
As always very welcome. Please contact us now if you are, or know, prospects.
Any questions about how the competition runs can be found in the Guidelines, issued July 2019.
Join the MWM email list!
If you want to know about what is happening in the world of Mid Week Mens, and can't always check this page, contact Lindsay on mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au and ask to be put on the email list.
2019 - Spring fixture and results
MWM WEB PAGE
We are seeking support from all players to build the information appearing on our webpage at www.waverleytennis.asn.au Mid Week Mens. An effort is being made to include more information of interest including photos, results, ladders and other items of interest.
Please let your captains know or submit information by email to mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsor
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsors our Tennis activities in a positive way so if you have any finanacial needs, please contact the Pinewood Branch, they will look after you.
Click here for more information.
- Played on Wednesday mornings: 9.30am - 12.30pm (approx)
- Open aged: from 20's to 80's
- Five grades catering to all standards
- Each team fields 4 players, but 5, or 6, can be used if you wish.
- Three sets of doubles per player per match on 2 courts
- Sets are first to 8 games (to 6 games in lowest section) with provision for variation by agreement. A tiebreak is played at 7 all.
- Coffee/tea and light lunch hosted by home team
- Participation costs are set by home club but are approximately $2-$4 per match
- Teams have more than 4 players to accommodate injury, travel and "she who must be obeyed"
- Organiser is only too happy to help place new comers in a team
Social Play & Final Events
All grades come together at Robinson Reserve Tennis Centre (RRTC), Doveton (Home of Waverley Tennis), for the Grand Final series. Facilities available for other players and friends. Grand Finals are followed by BBQ lunch for all, and presentation of trophies to players representing winning teams and runners-up in each grade.
The Grand Finals Day at the RRTC has developed into a much looked forward to social event where all players renew old friendships and develop new ones whilst watching intensely contested Grand Finals and enjoying the BBQ lunch.
[Last updated: 10/06/2019]