If you are ready to step out for some tennis you have probably caught up with the following details extracted from a Tennis Victoria Bulletin issued Wednesday 29th September 2021.
- As per the Stay at Home Directions recreational tennis (Book a court / casual court hire);
- Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
- Doubles play can return for four people from no more than two households for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised officer at any time.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- Players must reside within 15km of the tennis facility that they are playing at and exercise activity can be for up to four hours.
- Face coverings are to be worn except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating.
- Competition is not permitted.
- All tennis venues must have Service Victoria QR code check-in signage clearly displayed in a prominent location and all venue attendees must check in.
- Some tennis venues may require approval from your council before opening.
Key additional point are -
- LGA Approval is generally required -
- At this moment I could see nothing on City of Monash Website - last notice 19/9/2021. An OK hoped for tomorrow [Thursday]
- Doveton TC is opened so I assume City of Casey have been proactive.
- Individual club committees have the final say but I anticipate most will move quickly to open up.
In summary I am disappointed with our state government and TV as I feel they could at least be scheduling future dates [a roadmap perhaps!!!] for a bit more freedom at club level and setting a target date when competition may be permitted.