Welcome to the Autumn 2019 Season
The following notes are for the attention of Captains but may be of interest to others
Changes & Matters to Note for Autumn 2019
1 We have made a further change to section naming and will use the following Section names for Autumn 2019:
A Reserve, B Special, B Grade, C Special & C Grade. This will overcome the problem that occurred last season with online results system TROLS not recognising the B Res.
- We have largely adhered to the principle of 5 teams in each section which gives increased availability of emergency replacement players. The exception is C Special with 6 teams.
- Team movements for the new season include a new Club/Team Eildon Park in B Grade, return of a Clarinda team into C Special & a second team from Essex Heights giving them one in each of C Sp & C Grade. We very much appreciate the interest & effort by the people involved in assembling these teams. Wheelers Hill after their domination of the B Special section have been promoted to A Reserve but because of the coming & going of players during the season will only have the one team. Glen Waverley Stars & Lum Reserve have experienced player shortage and have combined to form one team as G/W Stars. Bayview, St Christopher's & Lum Reserve [C Sp] have been promoted in recognition of their flag winning performances last season. The remaining movement has involved maintain 5 teams in B Special by merging available players from Lum Reserve A Res, B Sp & B Grade and forming two B Sp teams.
- Individual Player Gradings The Sub-Committee has reviewed player gradings taking account of Spring 2018 match results statistics. These have been recorded on Team Entry forms before finalising Section make-ups. Copies of these updated team sheets have been returned to Captains.
Option to use 5 or 6 Players in Team/Match
With the unexpected popularity of using 5 players as an option the Sub-Committee has now extended this to an option to also use 6 players in a match.
There are a range of reasons why this has become popular. We do not consider it creates any "downside" for teams choosing not to use the option.
The important issue is that in allowing the 6 player option we have decided that the Score Card needs to be modified to allow for it and of course the online results entry system TROLS, also need to be modified further.
Please look at the sample of the new Score Card, with Guidance notes on the second page, and the Sample Completed Card. There is no need for Captains to print the Score Card as you will be supplied with these with your Fixture Cards. If you have any queries re this change please contact the writer or Doug or George who are experts on its operation.
Any questions about how the competition runs can be found in the Guidelines, issued January 2019.New Players & New Teams
Very welcome. Please contact us now if you are, or know, prospects. Please do what you can to recruit new players. We are keen to welcome a couple more big guns and have a need for several players in the C Sp B grade zone.
Join the MWM email list!
If you want to know about what is happening in the world of Mid Week Mens, and can't always check this page, contact Lindsay on mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au and ask to be put on the email list.
2019 - Autumn fixture and results
MWM WEB PAGE
We are seeking support from all players to build the information appearing on our webpage at www.waverleytennis.asn.au Mid Week Mens. An effort is being made to include more information of interest including photos, results, ladders and other items of interest.
Please let your captains know or submit information by email to mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsor
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsors our Tennis activities in a positive way so if you have any financial needs,
please contact the Pinewood Branch, they will look after you.
- Played on Wednesday mornings: 9.30am - 12.30pm (approx)
- Open aged: from 20's to 80's
- Four grades catering to all standards
- Each team fields 4 players, but 5 can be use if you wish.
- Three sets of doubles per player per match on 2 courts
- Sets are first to 8 games (to 6 games in lowest section) with provision for variation by agreement
- Coffee/tea and light lunch hosted by home team
- Participation costs are set by home club but are approximately $2-$4 per match
- Teams have more than 4 players to accommodate injury, travel and "she who must be obeyed"
- Organiser is only too happy to help place new comers in a team
Social Play & Final Events
All grades come together at Robinson Reserve Tennis Centre (RRTC), Doveton (Home of Waverley Tennis), for the Grand Final series. Facilities available for other players and friends. Grand Finals are followed by BBQ lunch for all, and presentation of trophies to players representing winning teams and runners-up in each grade.
The Grand Finals Day at the RRTC has developed into a much looked forward to social event where all players renew old friendships and develop new ones whilst watching intensely contested Grand Finals and enjoying the BBQ lunch.
[Last updated: 07/03/2016]