Competition status re: COVID-19
Waverley Tennis has postponed all Mid-Week Mens matches effective from Wednesday 18th March 2020. To be reviewed after Easter.
Update 26th March 2020:
Following advice from Tennis Victoria, all tennis has been postponed until further notice.
An updated edition will be circulated just prior to the first match on 5 February 2020. (The link below will be updated with these Guidelines.)
Of special significance and worthy of a read and discussion with your fellow team members are references to usage of emergencies and participation of females in our competition.Regards,
Any questions about how the competition runs can be found in the Guidelines, issued July 2019.
Join the MWM email list!
If you want to know about what is happening in the world of Mid Week Mens, and can't always check this page, contact Lindsay on mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au and ask to be put on the email list.
2020 - Autumn fixture and results
MWM WEB PAGE
We are seeking support from all players to build the information appearing on our webpage at www.waverleytennis.asn.au Mid Week Mens. An effort is being made to include more information of interest including photos, results, ladders and other items of interest.
Please let your captains know or submit information by email to mwm AT waverleytennis.asn.au
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsor
Bendigo Bank Pinewood sponsors our Tennis activities in a positive way so if you have any finanacial needs, please contact the Pinewood Branch, they will look after you.
Click here for more information.
- Played on Wednesday mornings: 9.30am - 12.30pm (approx)
- Open aged: from 20's to 80's
- Five grades catering to all standards
- Each team fields 4 players, but 5, or 6, can be used if you wish.
- Three sets of doubles per player per match on 2 courts
- Sets are first to 8 games (to 6 games in lowest section) with provision for variation by agreement. A tiebreak is played at 7 all.
- Coffee/tea and light lunch hosted by home team
- Participation costs are set by home club but are approximately $2-$4 per match
- Teams have more than 4 players to accommodate injury, travel and "she who must be obeyed"
- Organiser is only too happy to help place new comers in a team
Social Play & Final Events
All grades come together at Robinson Reserve Tennis Centre (RRTC), Doveton (Home of Waverley Tennis), for the Grand Final series. Facilities available for other players and friends. Grand Finals are followed by BBQ lunch for all, and presentation of trophies to players representing winning teams and runners-up in each grade.
The Grand Finals Day at the RRTC has developed into a much looked forward to social event where all players renew old friendships and develop new ones whilst watching intensely contested Grand Finals and enjoying the BBQ lunch.
[Last updated: 10/06/2019]