Mid-week ladies finals are played at Home Clubs for Semi-Final & Prelim-Finals. Grand Finals are played at designated courts - usually on a Porous surface for easier line calling. There are no officials (unless requested) so each player should be familiar with Tennis Australia Tennis Etiquette and the rules for non-umpired matches.
(i) At the completion of the home and away matches the four leading teams in each eight team section of each grade shall play off in a final series.
The team first mentioned is regarded as the "Home Team".
- 1st semi-final1st team plays 2nd team.
- 2nd semi-final3rd team plays 4th team.
- Preliminary final loser of 1st semi-final plays winner of 2nd semi-final.
- Grand final winner of 1st semi-final plays winner of Preliminary final.
- 1st semi-final1st team plays 4th team
- 2nd semi-final2nd team plays 3rd team.
- Grand final winner of 1st semi-final plays winner of 2nd semi-final.
It is the responsibility of the Home Team Captain to bring the score book and enter the results on-line and the Away Captain to check the results on-line.
- Final series matches to commence 9.30am or alternatively captains from both teams can mutually arrange to start earlier or later.
- All players are responsible for the preparation of the courts prior to the start of matches and in between sets.
- Opposing captains should exchange their separate lists showing names of players in order of play and then fill in the score sheet. The score sheet should then be readily available throughout the match for reference. Once the score sheet has been filled in, the playing order cannot be altered.
- In the event of a postponement due to inclement weather during final series, play shall continue from where left off, as decided by the Executive Committee who has the right to postpone any of the finals series.
- In the event of a total washout, or an unfinished match, the home captain shall email the exact position of the match to the Record Secretary and retain the score sheet and each captain shall retain their balls. The score sheet and balls should then be brought to the continuation of the match, as arranged.
- Washout finals are not to be transferred to indoor courts.
- In the event of a drawn semi-final, preliminary final or grand final match, the last four players concerned on the court, shall then play a twelve point tie breaker to decide the match.
- Both participating teams are to provide balls and refreshments. Home Team are to provide coffee and sugar. Away Team are to provide tea and milk.
- Host Clubs must provide tea towels.
- Teams should leave facilities offered to them in a clean and tidy state.
- Any team playing in finals may request the committee provide supervisors to be present at their match. Captain is to make request to Honorary Secretary or Record Secretary as early as possible before the match.